Whither Washingtoniana – issue raised at the August 17 DCPL Board meeting
The issue of access to Washingtoniana collections while MLK Library is undergoing renovation was raised at the Board of Trustees meeting August 17, 2016 in the public comments at the start of the meeting.
Reassuring noises were made but no commitments or definitive plans. Followup on this initial discussion and continued lobbying is important.
Top library management:
- Executive Director, Richard Reyes-Gavilan; twitter @RReyesGavilan and email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Public Services, Manya Shorr
- Director of Business Services, Jonathan Butler
- Director of Strategic Planning, Judi Greenberg
- Executive Officer, Gary Romero
The next two library board meetings are:
- Sept. 28, 2016 at 6 p.m. – Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library
- Nov. 16 2016 at 6 p.m. – Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library
The Board has some public comment procedures to follow:
Meetings of the Board of Library Trustees
The District of Columbia Board of Library Trustees designates a portion of each of its meetings to hear public comments.
Effective with the November 18, 2009, board meeting,public comments will be heard at the beginning of a meeting.Procedures below have been revised to reflect these changes.
1. In order to make comments, members of the public must sign up by phone on the day of the meeting between noon and 5 p.m. by calling the Executive Office – 202-727-1101
2. Members of the public can also sign up in person from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the location of the meeting.
3. Individuals wishing to speak at the meeting will be asked to provide their name and address and the topic they plan to address.