Matthew B. Gilmore
The V Street Houses were one of five slum reclamation projects carried out by the Alley Dwelling Authority (ADA) (later renamed the National Capital Housing Authority) (the other four are Williston Apartments just a block away, Hopkins Place in SE, Jefferson Terrace in SW, St. Mary’s Court in Foggy Bottom)
Built in 1938, the complex consisted of 18 two-bedroom rowhouses on V Street NW between 4th and 5th Streets. It replaced the (rather notorious) alley Bland’s Court.
No upcoming events